Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Workshops and Answers

Good morning,

Matthew 4 is so interesting because Jesus starts out weary. I never really noticed that before. And yet it does not stop Him from ministering to the needs of others. He goes right on to talk to the woman at the well.

Okay, so about the time here. So far I have met with 4 or 5 families for consultations, given 2 workshops, and administered achievement tests to 6 very fun teenaged kids. My schedule for the rest of the week is very nearly booked solid with 1 more workshop, many consultations, and more achievement and reading diagnostic tests.

But before I go any further I need to tell you about the food. 3 nights ago I had fried Heck fish. That's right Heck fish. I do not know what it was, but it was whole and dipped in batter and fried. Then 2 nights ago I had pork knuckle stew. I really don't know what that was, but it certainly filled me up. So I went to American normal last night and ordered a chef salad. The vegies were fresh but the 1/2 cup of mayo (that was the dressing) was a bit too much for me:) Isn't it funny how much food is central to an experience. I feel like this whole trip has been an adventure so far - from the airlines to the food.

Today I met with a gal who serves with the same denomination that I attend at home. She and her family serve right in Sopron. Please ask the Father for peace for her and her family. They are having their son tested for sensory issues this week that significantly affect both his education and the family. Their daughter (who was adopted) also has sensory issues and suffers from FAS. Already some of the resources that they need in order to deal with this issue are being provided (direct miracles!). Ask that they would be encouraged by what they learn here and that the resources would be of help in nurturing these two made-in-the-image-of-God, by-design-not-by-mistake children.

No comments:

Post a Comment