Friday, March 11, 2011

The city on two continents

Istanbul - next stop - below is some info on the city where we will be.

The Blue Mosque In Istanbul
Istanbul is the only city in the world which lies on the shores of two continents, Europe and Asia. It is located in the northeastern Marmara Sea. It has a population of approximately 18.8 million inhabitants in the metropolitan area (2010), or about 18% of Turkey’s apparel, particular from over 73 million inhabitants. One can appreciate that the number of people can actually be higher by at least one million floating population, like all big cities. (http://www.metrolic.com/istanbul-a-city-on-two-continents-144289/ )

The next couple of months are crazy for me. 
1. My brother, Chuck, arrives today to spend today and tomorrow with us.
2. Sunday morning at 2 am we drive to LAX to catch my flight to Istanbul. I will meet a colleague at the airport and we will somehow get to our hotel. Our flights arrive in the afternoon on Monday.
3. Tuesday I will do a full day workshop on homeschooling for the families. 
4. The conference begins. I will help with achievement testing, scoring tests, consulting and do 6 more workshops including : Teaching Writing, Supplementing National Schools (local public schools), etc.
5. Tuesday, March 22,  I will fly home arriving on the same day late at night.
6. Thursday, March 24, I will teach my regular classes (Economics, Literature and Composition) for high schoolers.
7. Saturday, March 26, I will do a workshop day here (suggested by one of our local families to get an idea of what I do overseas and to learn more about homeschooling).
8. March 27 - CHURCH -- I have missed being with you all.
9. March 28, , 31 -- teach regular classes and have an Informational Meeting at my house.
10. Sat, April 2, leave for Tajikistan/Kazakhstan (similar to Turkey, but with a more informal feel)
11. April 14 , arrive home
12. April 30-May 14  -- my mom here for a visit
13. April 9 - last day of Artios, Artios graduation

And then I will need to relax and do nothing for a week or so to recover:)

Pray for supernateral peace and endurance.
 
Also please pray for our trips to Istanbul and Central Asia. Pray that we will be able to serve well the families who are there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment